I, Elizabeth Blue, am an artist, illustrator and arts educator based in Springfield, Oregon.
I studied Illustration for six years, in the UK, and have a BA Degree in Visual Communication: Illustration from the Edinburgh College of Art and an MA Degree in Illustration: Authorial Practice from the University College Falmouth.
I now live in Oregon, where I have been working as a freelance artist and art educator since 2011.
My personal work focuses on life's mysteries, often using fairy tale archetypes to give inner feelings form. I have a keen interest in literature and editorial work and use an intuitive and sophisticated approach to interpreting writing through illustrations.
Get in touch below.
- LEFT ALONE, solo show in Community Room at Lincoln Gallery. 2017
- FEAST Art Show at Lincoln Gallery in Eugene, Oregon 2017.
Large scale drawing exhibited as part of Local Food themed show, image used promotionally.
- Solo Show of Work at WOW Hall in Eugene Oregon 2017
Month long exhibition of recent large scale drawings and paintings.
- Rude Food Art Show at Tattoo BonBon in South Lake Tahoe, CA. 2017
Illustration exhibited as part of Food themed show.
- Day of The Dead Art Show at Maude Kerns Art Center 2016
Three paintings exhibited as part of Day of the Dead themed show.
- ChalkFest 2016. Public Display in Springfield, Oregon. 2016
Live Chalk drawing on large side-walk.
- Eugene Weekly Arts Hound Box. Public Display in Eugene, Oregon. 2014
Design printed onto Eugene Weekly news box and displayed Fall 2014 outside of Bijou Metro Cinema on East Broadway Street in Eugene, Oregon.
- What Are They Like Show for the House of Illustration. England, UK. 2013
Collaborative piece with Jamie Lee Curtis on display as part of a fundraiser for House of Illustration in London, final piece auctioned at Sotheby’s.
- University College Falmouth Masters Show. England, UK. 2011
Degree Show in Falmouth, Cornwall in England. Group Show.
- Group Show at The Royal Cornwall Polytechnic Society. England, UK. 2010
Exhibit with fellow UCF Masters students. Collaborative group show.
- Printmaking Show at Edinburgh College of Art. Scotland, UK . 2009
Group show displaying selected Intaglio prints as part of a printmaking exhibition
- Edinburgh College of Art Degree Show. Scotland, UK. 2008
Group show with fellow graduates displaying large selection of completed work.
- Eugene Weekly Arts Hound Box Competition, 2014
Winning design printed on Eugene Weekly box and displayed downtown, also featured in that week’s EW.
- Graphic Literature Prize from Atlantic Press, 2011
Graphic Novel selected to be published and distributed by Atlantic Press.
Illustration commissions have been featured in the following selected publications: Eugene Weekly, The Times, NUS Spotlight Magazine, University of Warsaw Press, Atlantic Press.